Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 7: First Day Off


I jump-started my day with a big breakfast, some Cold-
FX and Tylenol. I uploaded a few pictures to Facebook and headed off to Oakridge Mall to get some Canada gear. I met up with my friend Laine there and we went in to the Bay. There is nothing good left! (unless you're a kid under 6) We tried Zellers, too... the Olympic gear zone looked like a disaster area after a hurricane. I ended up getting some mascots.

We got back downtown, had coffee, and navigated through the crowds toward English Bay, where we met up with Andrew, took some fun pictures of the sunset and the beach, had sushi, and headed back downtown. Laine went to work and Andrew and I went to Steamworks to meet up with the gang for beers. Rebecca, Flora, and their friends turned up at Steamworks shortly after, right when we heard an announcement on TV that Jon Montgomery just won gold in skeleton, Canada's 4th Olympic gold medal. The crowds went crazy and the cheers were accompanied by the singing of O Canada. Pitchers of Steamworks Lion's Gate Lager arrived and the party was on. Around 10pm, we headed out to a private event at the Vancouver Art Gallery. I have no idea how we got in! The party was awesome. There was a balcony that opened up onto Robson Square (picture). The view and the atmosphere were fantastic! Free wine was flowing by the bottle and everyone was having an amazing time.

Exhaused, I crashed at 2am...

This first day off really let me enjoy the incredible atmosphere downtown Vancouver. It's a true party town and we're not even half-way there... So, stay tuned! More to come... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment